Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2022-147-2
References: 2022-147, 2022-147-1, 2022-147-3 and 2022-147-4
Ottawa, 24 October 2022
Public records: 8622-S93-202008482, 1011-NOC2020-0367 and 1011-NOC2022-0147
Call for comments – Telecommunications in the Far North, Phase II – Amendment to the geographic scope of the proceeding
Revised deadline for the submission of formal interventions: 12 December 2022
[Submit a formal intervention or view related documents]
- In Telecom Notice of Consultation 2022-147, the Commission defined the Far North and Northwestel Inc.’s (Northwestel) operating territory.Footnote 1 With this notice, the Commission amends the geographic scope of Telecom Notice of Consultation 2022-147 to include the following three communities in Northwestel’s operating territory and the definition of the Far North: Atlin, British Columbia; Fort St. John, British Columbia; and High Level, Alberta.
- Following the publication of Telecom Notice of Consultation 2022-147, as well as the issuance of requests for information to Northwestel on 15 June and 22 August 2022, the Commission became aware that Northwestel provides telecommunications services in these communities as a non-dominant carrier. TELUS Communications Inc. is the incumbent local exchange carrier in all three communities.
- Given that the outcomes of this proceeding may have an impact on the above-noted communities, interested persons and parties will have an opportunity to share their views with respect to the issues that affect these communities.
- The Commission therefore extends the deadline for formal interventions to 12 December 2022 to allow interested persons and parties to submit comments only with respect to the offering and provision of telecommunications services in Atlin, British Columbia; Fort St. John, British Columbia; and High Level, Alberta. As part of their interventions, interested persons and parties may notify the Commission whether they would like to appear at the public hearing and the reasons why they should appear, and whether they require accommodation to enable participation.Footnote 2 All other key dates and deadlines set out in Telecom Notice of Consultation 2022-147 remain unchanged.
- Call for comments – Telecommunications in the Far North, Phase II, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2022-147, 8 June 2022; as amended by Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2022-147-1, 14 July 2022
- Date modified: