Telecom Order CRTC 2022-142
Ottawa, 1 June 2022
Bragg Communications Incorporated, carrying on business as Eastlink – Approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves the following tariff application:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Bragg Communications Incorporated, carrying on business as Eastlink TN 41
General Tariff – Introduction of new service speed for Third Party Internet Access service
19 April 2022 1 June 2022
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objectives set out in paragraphs 7(b), 7(c) and 7(f) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, Eastlink offering its competitors the 940 megabits per second (Mbps) downstream and 15 Mbps upstream service speed at a reasonable access rate will foster competition and lower prices, ensure that access to modern telecommunications services is available in new regions of Canada, and reduce barriers to entry at these speeds faced by competitors.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: