Telecom Order CRTC 2022-118
Ottawa, 5 May 2022
Public record: 1011-NOC2019-0372
Broadband Fund – Change request – Northwestel Inc.’s Yukon fibre project – May 2022
- On 19 January 2022, Northwestel Inc. (Northwestel) submitted a change request for its project approved in Telecom Decision 2020-260.
- Specifically, Northwestel requested approval for an additional $1,070,383 in funding to build fibre access facilities in the additional communities of Canyon Creek, Mendenhall, and Takhini River in Yukon. Northwestel submitted evidence of direct community support for this change that would include these three communities in the broader project.
- The Commission has reviewed the materials submitted and considers that the change request satisfies both the evaluation criteria and the objectives of Telecom Regulatory Policy 2018-377.
- The Commission therefore approves Northwestel’s change request for an increase in project funding for a new funding amount totaling $39,618,298. All funding conditions and section 24 conditions as set out in Telecom Decision 2020-260 continue to apply.
- Broadband Fund – Project funding approval for Northwestel Inc.’s Yukon fibre project, Telecom Decision CRTC 2020-260, 12 August 2020
- Development of the Commission’s Broadband Fund, Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2018-377, 27 September 2018
- Date modified: