Telecom - Commission Letter addressed to Philippe Gauvin (Bell Canada)
Ottawa, 15 December 2021
Our reference: 8638-B2-202006345
Mr. Philippe Gauvin
Assistant General Counsel
Floor 19, 160 Elgin Street
Ottawa ON K2P 2C4
RE: Compliance and Enforcement and Telecom Decision CRTC 2021-403 – Abridged version
Dear Mr. Gauvin,
In Compliance and Enforcement and Telecom Decision CRTC 2021-403 published on 9 December 2021, the Commission approved Bell Canada’s application to allow Bell Canada and its affiliates (Bell Canada et al.) to transition its call-blocking mechanism from a trial to a permanent offering subject to certain conditions.
In accordance with prior Commission’s determinations regarding the continued confidentiality and disclosure of certain aspects of Bell Canada’s call blocking system and methodology, a number of specific details of requirements set forth in decision 2021-403 were not disclosed within the decision itself. These details are set out, in confidence, in the Appendix of this letter. This letter, along with the Appendix, are also being disclosed to the intervenors who signed the non-disclosure agreement established in decision 2021-141.
The details set out in the Appendix are an integral part of the conditions imposed in decision 2021-403
Original signed by
c.c.: Confidential version
Steven Harroun, CCEO, CRTC; Cogeco; Marc Nanni; QMI; Rogers; Shaw; TekSavvy; Telus
c.c.: Abridged Version
CNOC; Dr, Fenwick McKelvey; Dr. Reza Rajabiun
Details of requirements set out in Compliance and Enforcement and Telecom Decision 2021-403
- In relation to the Commission’s determinations in paragraph 63 a) , Bell Canada et al. shall, in addition to the information described in paragraphs 63 a) i, ii and ii, provide the following statistics in the yearly reports:
- # #;
- # #; and
- # #, including all supporting evidence used to reach their determination(s) on whether a false positive occurred and the details of remediation mechanisms on a per-incident basis.
- In relation to the Commission’s determinations in paragraph 63 b), Bell Canada et al. shall notify the Commission of any changes# # in the manner described in in paragraph 63 b)
- In relation to the Commission’s determinations in paragraph 63 e), Bell Canada et al. shall # #.
- In relation to the Commission’s determinations in paragraph 63 f), Bell Canada et al. shall # #
- Date modified: