Commission Letter adressed to Philippe Gauvin (Bell Canada)
Ottawa, 20 October 2021
Our reference: 8740-B2-202106765, 8740-A53-202106773, 8740-M59-202106781, 8740-N51-202106799, 8740-T78-202106807
Assistant General Counsel
160 Elgin St. Ottawa, ON K2P 2C4
RE: Bell Canada Tariff Notice 7637, Bell Aliant TN 554, Bell MTS TN 841, NorthernTel TN 411, Télébec TN 522 – Withdrawal of Multi-frequency Routing Option
On 5 October 2021, the Commission received applications from Bell Canada, Bell Aliant, a division of Bell Canada (Bell Aliant), Bell MTS, a division of Bell Canada (Bell MTS), NorthernTel Limited Partnership (Northerntel), and Télébec, société en commandite (Télébec) proposing to withdraw the Multi-Frequency (MF) Routing option associated with 800/888 trunks. The specific Tariff Notices (TNs) and associated tariffs that the companies are proposing to amend are as follows:
- Bell Canada TN 7633: Access Services Tariff CRTC 7516 – Item 40 - Interconnecting Circuits with Trunk-Side Access;
- Bell Aliant TN 554: General Tariff CRTC 21491 – Item 608 - Access Services Tariff for Interconnection with Inter-exchange Carriers;
- Bell MTS TN 841: Supplementary Tariff Access Services for interconnection with Carriers and Other Service Providers Tariff CRTC 24006 – Item 40 - Interconnecting Circuits with Trunk-Side Access;
- NorthernTel TN 411: General Tariff CRTC 25510 Section N200 – Item 8 - Interconnecting Circuits with Trunk-Side Access; and
- Télébec TN 522 : General Tariff 25140 Section 7 Article 7.2.2 - Interconnecting Circuits with Trunk-Side Access.
Commission staff is continuing its analysis of these applications.
Consequently, these applications, along with any associated subsequent revisions, will not be approved on an interim basis on the 15th calendar day following receipt. However, the Commission intends to dispose of these applications, along with any associated subsequent revisions, within 45 business days of receipt of the filing.
Original signed by
Director, Dispute Resolution & Regulatory Implementation
cc.: Christine Brock, CRTC, 873-353-5852, email@example.com
- Date modified: