Telecom - Commission letter addressed to Stephen Schmidt (TELUS Communications Inc.)
Ottawa, 21 April 2021
Our reference: 8662-T66-202007666
Mr. Stephen Schmidt
Vice-President - Telecom Policy & Chief Regulatory Legal Counsel
Telecom Policy & Regulatory Affairs
TELUS Communications Inc.
Re: TELUS Communications Inc. (TCI) – Request to Review and Vary Telecom Decision CRTC 2020-268 regarding the applications for final relief regarding the termination of traffic to certain 867 numbering plan area telephone numbers
On 6 November 2020, the Commission received an Application from TELUS Communications Inc. (TCI) requesting that the Commission issue orders:
- Rescinding the conclusion that TCI unjustly discriminated against Iristel, Iristel’s customers, and TCI’s own customers, and substituting a decision that TCI acted in compliance with section 27(2) of the Telecommunications Act;
- That the broader question of carrier disputes and the scope of carriers to engage in self-help be examined in an upcoming review of wholesale wireline services and interconnection proceedings, and;
- Such further and other relief as the Commission may deem appropriate.
Paragraph 28(1) (a) of the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Rules of Practice and Procedure provides that the Commission may request parties to file information or documents where needed.
TCI is requested to provide a comprehensive answer, including rationale and any supporting information, to the attached question by 26 April 2021.
Original signed by
Director, Dispute Resolution and Regulatory Implementation
c.c.: Jean-François Dumoulin, Iristel Technologies Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org
Rudy Rab, CRTC, email@example.com
Request for information
- In its application, TCI argues that the Commission has forborne from exercising section 27(2) powers in respect of the services in question in this proceeding. In this regard, identify all the types of traffic and respective TCI telecommunications services that may have been carried over the types of circuits affected by the reduction in capacity at issue in this proceeding. For example, do the circuits affected by the reduction in capacity carry or may have carried basic toll traffic? Transit traffic? Other voice network interconnection services?
- In identifying the specific TCI telecommunications services, use the name or category of service that is referenced in related Commission approved tariffs or forbearance decisions.
- Date modified: