Telecom Order CRTC 2021-71
Ottawa, 18 February 2021
Northwestel Inc. – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Northwestel Inc. TN 1111
Special Services Tariff – Revisions to Operation of Yukon Mobile Radio System
14 December 2020 29 January 2021
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests, because it will reduce customer rates and will enhance a customer’s service as a result of the hardware upgrade; and (ii) innovation, because it will ensure that consumers have access to high-quality telecommunications services as a result of the service revisions.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: