Telecom Order CRTC 2021-62
Ottawa, 15 February 2021
TELUS Communications Inc. – Approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves the following tariff application:
Table of Tariff Applications Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date TELUS Communications Inc. TN 639 (TCQ)
General Tariff – Destandardization of various tariff items
25 November 2020 25 February 2021
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications ActFootnote 2.
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests, because it will allow for the destandardization of tariff items that rely on outdated technology for which readily available alternatives are accessible to customers; and (ii) innovation, because it will ensure that consumers have access to innovative high-quality telecommunications services as a substitute for the destandardized services.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: