Telecom Order CRTC 2021-360
Ottawa, 29 October 2021
NorthernTel, Limited Partnership – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date NorthernTel, Limited Partnership TN 410
General Tariff – Update to 9-1-1 tariff provisions for Relay Service
10 September 2021 27 September 2021
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests, because it reflects the Commission’s directives in Review of the regulatory framework for text-based message relay services, Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2018-466, 14 December 2018, regarding the regulatory framework for text-based message relay services; and (ii) innovation, because it will ensure that consumers have access to high-quality telecommunications services that meet their needs.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: