Telecom Order CRTC 2021-357
Ottawa, 29 October 2021
Northwestel Inc. – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Northwestel Inc. TN 1140
Special Services Tariff – Introduction of Custom Internet Protocol-Virtual Private Network (IP-VPN) Special Facility Service
3 September 2021 20 September 2021
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests, because it will meet the customer’s needs through the provision of an IP-VPN connection to a location outside of the standard serving area; and (ii) innovation, because it will ensure continued access to high-quality telecommunications services through the addition of a new speed.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: