Telecom Order CRTC 2021-308
Ottawa, 2 September 2021
Various companies – Final approval of tariff applications
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff applications:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date TELUS Communications Inc. on behalf of Mascon Communications Inc. TN 2
General Tariff – Withdrawal of Mascon Cable Systems Inc.’s General Tariff
28 July 2021 1 October 2021 Rogers Communications Canada Inc. TN 71
Access Services Tariff – Revisions to Routing of 800/888 Calls
15 July 2021 16 August 2021
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the applications.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of these applications will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, in the case of TN 2, the final approval of this application will promote consumer interests by ensuring that tariffs which are no longer required are removed. In the case of TN 71, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests by expanding the availability of 800/888 call routing, and (ii) innovation by ensuring consumers have access to high-quality telecommunications services as a result of the expanded offering of the service.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: