Telecom Order CRTC 2021-305
Ottawa, 2 September 2021
Bell Canada – Final approval of tariff applications
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff applications:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Bell Canada TN 965
National Services Tariff – Withdrawal of occasional use broadcast services
10 May 2021 27 July 2021 Bell Canada TN 7631
General Tariff – Withdrawal of occasional use broadcast service
10 May 2021 27 July 2021
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to these applications.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of these applications will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of these applications will promote (i) consumer interests, because it allows for the withdrawal of an outdated service given that the quality of service and customer experience are affected by the age of the equipment, and (ii) competition, because other wide area network connectivity providers can offer the service.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: