Telecom Order CRTC 2021-16
Ottawa, 20 January 2021
Northwestel Inc. – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Table of Tariff Applications Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Northwestel Inc. TN 1096
Private Wire Services Tariff – Addition of V-Connect Service in Nahanni Butte, Northwest Territories
4 September 2020 21 September 2020
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that final approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications ActFootnote 2.
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests, because, as a result of an upgrade of the community transport from satellite to low-capacity microwave, another Type C community will be added to V-Connect service, allowing more service options for customers; and (ii) innovation, because consumers will have access to high-quality telecommunications services as a result of receiving the network upgrade.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: