Telecom Order CRTC 2021-154
Ottawa, 3 May 2021
Bell Canada – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Bell Canada TN 7629
General Tariff – Extension of Suspension of Service Promotion
8 February 2021 24 February 2021
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(b) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote consumers interests, because it will enable (i) customers who own a second or seasonal home and (ii) customers who have been hospitalized as a result of COVID-19 to benefit from suspending their service for a limited duration due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: