Telecom Order CRTC 2021-15
Ottawa, 20 January 2021
Northwestel Inc. – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Table of Tariff Applications Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Northwestel Inc. TN 1094
Special Services Tariff – Amendment to Special Assembly #4 Layer 3 IP/VPN Service
27 August 2020 18 September 2020
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that final approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications ActFootnote 2.
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application complements and adds appropriate pricing to a previous application that promoted (i) consumer interests by providing customers with additional bandwidth speeds for a three month period, giving them greater flexibility in the circumstances of the current pandemic; and (ii) innovation by ensuring that, as a result of the greater bandwidth speeds available, consumers would have access to high-quality telecommunications services.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: