Telecom Commission Letter adressed to Mr. Will Mcaid (MySignal Communications Corporation)
Ottawa, 11 September 2020
MySignal Communications Corporation
6A Mont Pleasant Road
Belleville, Ontario, K8N 2H2
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Your company’s mandatory participation in the CCTS – Commission staff request for information
Dear Mr. McQuaid:
MySignal Communications Corporation appears to be in violation of the requirement to become a participant in the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services Inc. (CCTS) and is therefore the subject of a show cause proceeding, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2019-363.
As stated in the show cause proceeding, in the event a telecommunications service provider is found in violation of the CCTS participation requirement, the Commission intends to pursue compliance with the CCTS participation requirement by all available means, including registering any administrative monetary penalty (AMP) related debts and Mandatory Orders in the Federal Court and initiating proceedings to enforce them. Should other measures prove ineffective, the Commission has indicated that it may take steps to disconnect the telecommunications services of non-compliant resellers.
Accordingly, to inform any future regulatory actions undertaken by the Commission, you are requested to provide the following information.
Telecommunications services are being offered at the domain: www.mysignal.ca. Based on the Terms of Service hosted on this website, Commission staff is of the preliminary view that these services are being offered by an entity operating as “MySignal Communications Corporation.”
- Please explain the nature of the entity providing these services:
- if it is an incorporated company, please provide the legal name of the corporation and in which jurisdiction it is registered, including the names of its directors and officers;
- if MySignal Communications Corporation is the trade name for an individual offering these services, please provide the legal name for the individual offering these services, including their contact information;
- if MySignal Communications Corporation (or any of its other names)Footnote1 is the operating name associated with any other kind of legal entity, please provide the legal name of that entity and in which jurisdiction it is domiciled or otherwise registered, including the names of its directors and officers.
- Are any other telecommunications services being offered by the entity behind www.mysignal.ca, such as (but not limited to) on another website, through a subsidiary, or other business name?
Questions 3, 4, and 5
As requested in the letter, dated 10 December 2018, Commission staff again request that you provide the following information:
- total revenues generated by MySignal Communications Corporation for the past 3 years;
- the number of subscribers to MySignal Communications Corporation’s services that fall within the scope of the CCTS’ mandate for the past three years;
- a list of underlying Canadian carriers or non-carriers that MySignal Communications Corporation relies on to provide services to its end-customers.
A copy of this procedural letter and all related correspondence will be added to the public record of the proceeding. If you wish to designate information contained in your submission as confidential, you may do so in accordance with section 39 the Telecommunications Act and the CRTC Rules of Practice and Procedure.
This information is to be filed no later than 18 September 2020.
Originally Signed by
Director, Social & Consumer Policy
Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission
1 promenade du Portage
Gatineau, QC J8X 4B1
cc: Patrick Arseneau, Senior Analyst, 819-994-7993, email@example.com
Antica Corner, Manager, CRTC, 819-997-1334, firstname.lastname@example.org
Salahuddin Rafiquddin, Legal Counsel, CRTC, 873-353-4706, email@example.com
- Date modified: