Telecom Order CRTC 2020-96
Ottawa, 16 March 2020
Northwestel Inc. – Approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves the following tariff application:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Northwestel Inc. TN 1063
General Tariff – Introduction of Fibre-to-the-premises
28 November 2019 16 March 2020
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests by providing consumers with access to fibre-to-the-premises Internet service and (ii) innovation by ensuring customers have access to high-quality telecommunications services.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: