Broadcasting and Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2020-81-1
Ottawa, 20 April 2020
Public record: 1011-NOC2020-0081
Call for comments – Provision of paper bills by communications service providers – Changes to procedure
Revised deadline for the submission of responses to the request for information: 1 June 2020
Revised deadline for the submission of interventions: 3 July 2020
- In Broadcasting and Telecom Notice of Consultation 2020-81 (the notice), the Commission initiated a proceeding to (i) obtain a better understanding of whether and in what circumstances Canadians should receive paper or electronic bills, and (ii) determine whether intervention is warranted in regard to the billing practices of telecommunications service providers and broadcasting distribution undertakings, and, if so, what steps should be taken to meet the needs of consumers.
- On 17 March 2020, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Commission announced that it had suspended all deadlines between that date and 10 April 2020 associated with open proceedings, and that it would announce new deadlines in the coming days.
- Accordingly, the Commission amends the procedural dates set out in paragraphs 15, 16, and 19 of the notice. For ease of reference, the relevant paragraphs of the notice are reproduced below, with changes highlighted in bold italics:
15. The responses to the request for information must be filed with the Commission by 1 June 2020.
16. Interested persons, including the parties named in paragraph 10, must file an intervention with the Commission regarding the above-noted issues by 3 July 2020. Interventions must be filed in accordance with section 26 of the Rules of Procedure.
19. All parties may file replies to interventions with the Commission by 24 July 2020.
- Call for comments – Provision of paper bills by communications service providers, Broadcasting and Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2020-81, 3 March 2020
- Date modified: