Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2020-402
References: Part 1 licence renewal applications posted on 30 October 2020
Ottawa, 17 December 2020
10679313 Canada Inc.
Various locations in Quebec
Public record for these applications: 2019-0879-0, 2019-0881-5, 2019-0882-3, 2019-0884-9 and 2019-0885-7
Various commercial radio stations in Quebec – Licence renewals
- The Commission has the authority, pursuant to section 9(1) of the Broadcasting Act (the Act) to issue and renew licences for such terms not exceeding seven years and subject to such conditions related to the circumstances of the licensee as it deems appropriate for the implementation of the broadcasting policy set out in section 3(1) of the Act.
- Consistent with that authority, the Commission renews the broadcasting licences for the French-language commercial radio programming undertakings listed below from 1 March 2021 to 31 August 2027.Footnote 1 The Commission did not receive any interventions in regard to these applications. For each of the stations, the licensee shall adhere to the conditions of licence set out in Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2009-62.
Call sign and locality Application number CHRM-FM Matane, Quebec 2019-0881-5 CJIT-FM Lac-Mégantic, Quebec 2019-0882-3 CJLM-FM Joliette, Quebec 2019-0879-0 CKCN-FM Sept-Îles, Quebec 2019-0884-9 CKGS-FM La Baie, Quebec 2019-0885-7
- The Commission reminds the licensee that it must pay any remaining tangible benefits stemming from the ownership transactions that were approved administratively in separate Commission letters dated 8 June 2016 (CHRM-FM), 8 June 2016 (CKCN-FM) and 31 July 2018 (all five stations).
Force and effect of broadcasting licences
- Pursuant to section 22 of the Act, the broadcasting licences renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificates issued by the Department of Industry lapse.
- The Commission expects the licensee to reflect the cultural diversity of Canada in its programming and employment practices.
- In accordance with Public Notice 1992-59, the Commission encourages the licensee to consider employment equity issues in its hiring practices and in all other aspects of its management of human resources.
- Various radio programming undertakings – Administrative renewals, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2020-284, 21 August 2020
- Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009
- Implementation of an employment equity policy, Public Notice CRTC 1992-59, 1 September 1992
This decision is to be appended to each licence.
- Date modified: