Telecom Order CRTC 2020-328
Ottawa, 8 September 2020
Northwestel Inc. – Approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves the following tariff application:
Table of Tariff Applications Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Northwestel Inc. TN 1091
General Tariff – Destandardization of Meridian Business Services Packages 1 and 2
9 July 2020 14 September 2020
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications ActFootnote 2.
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote affordability and consumer interests, since it (i) will allow the destandardization of a tariff item that involves outdated technology, to which consumers have readily available alternatives; and (ii) will ensure that consumers have access to high-quality telecommunications services as a substitute for the destandardized service.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: