Telecom Order CRTC 2020-286
Ottawa, 24 August 2020
Northwestel Inc. – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Table of Tariff Applications Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Northwestel Inc. TN 1085
Special Services Tariff – Amendment to Special Assembly #4 Layer 3 IP/VPN Service
2 June 2020 19 June 2020
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that final approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications ActFootnote 2.
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote consumer interests and innovative telecommunications services by (i) providing additional flexibility in the form of additional bandwidth speeds for an additional three months that will benefit end-users in light of the current situation with COVID-19, and (ii) ensuring that consumers have access to high-quality telecommunications services as a result of the greater bandwidth speeds made available.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: