Telecom Order CRTC 2020-264
Reference: 2020-213 and 2020-213-1
Ottawa, 13 August 2020
Norouestel Inc. – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Table of Tariff Applications Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Norouestel Inc. TN 1087
Private Wire Services Tariff – Reclassification of Ethernet Wide Area Network (E-WAN) Service in two communities
18 June 2020 3 July 2020
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that final approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications ActFootnote 2.
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application (i) will promote consumer interests by reclassifying two communities, in the context of E-WAN Service, from Type C to Type B to reflect network fibre upgrades, which will result in lower rates and more service options for customers; and (ii) will ensure that consumers have access to high-quality telecommunications services as a result of receiving the network upgrades.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: