Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2020-261
Reference: Part 1 licence renewal application posted on 5 June 2020
Ottawa, 12 August 2020
Aylesford Community Baptist Church
Aylesford, Nova Scotia
Public record for this application: 2019-0795-8
VF8023 Aylesford – Licence renewal
- The Commission has the authority, pursuant to section 9(1) of the Broadcasting Act (the Act) to issue and renew licences for such terms not exceeding seven years and subject to such conditions related to the circumstances of the licensee as it deems appropriate for the implementation of the broadcasting policy set out in section 3(1) of the Act.
- Consistent with that authority, the Commission renews the broadcasting licence for the low-power, English-language religious FM radio programming undertaking VF8023 Aylesford, Nova Scotia, from 1 September 2020 to 31 August 2027. The terms and conditions of licence are set out in the appendix to this decision. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- Pursuant to section 22 of the Act, the broadcasting licence renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificate issued by the Department of Industry lapses.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
Appendix to Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2020-261
Terms, conditions of licence, expectation and encouragement for the low-power, English-language religious FM radio programming undertaking VF8023 Aylesford, Nova Scotia
The licence will expire 31 August 2027.
Conditions of licence
- The licensee shall broadcast programming consisting of religious services, programs or program segments it produces for the purpose of ensuring balance on matters of public concern, local emergency announcements from local authorities and music drawn from content subcategory 35 (Non-classic religious). Such programs or program segments must adhere to guidelines (i) to (iv) contained in section III.B.2a) of Religious Broadcasting Policy, Public Notice CRTC 1993-78, 3 June 1993.
For the purposes of this condition of licence, “content subcategory 35 (Non-classic religious)” is defined in Revised content categories and subcategories for radio, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-819, 5 November 2010.
- The licensee shall adhere to the guidelines on ethics for religious programming set out in section IV of Religious Broadcasting Policy, Public Notice CRTC 1993-78, 3 June 1993, regarding tolerance, integrity, social responsibility and solicitation of funds.
- The licensee shall not solicit or broadcast commercial messages.
The Commission expects the licensee to reflect the cultural diversity of Canada in its programming and employment practices.
In accordance with Implementation of an employment equity policy, Public Notice CRTC 1992-59, 1 September 1992, the Commission encourages the licensee to consider employment equity issues in its hiring practices and in all other aspects of its management of human resources.
- Date modified: