Telecom Order CRTC 2020-251
Ottawa, 10 August 2020
Northwestel Inc. – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Table of Tariff Applications Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Northwestel Inc. TN 1088
Private Wire Services Tariff – Revisions to Digital Private Line North Customer Discount Plan
26 June 2020 13 July 2020
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that final approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications ActFootnote 2.
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests through the introduction of contract termination waiver clauses for consumers who terminate their contract and then contract for another of the company's services, and (ii) innovation because it ensures that consumers will have access to high-quality telecommunications services as a result of the new contract termination waiver clauses.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: