Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2020-22
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 16 October 2019
Ottawa, 27 January 2020
Maritime Broadcasting System Limited
Middleton, Nova Scotia
Public record for this application: 2019-1048-0
CKAD Middleton – Technical changes
- The Commission approves the application by Maritime Broadcasting System Limited to change the authorized night-time contours of the English-language commercial AM radio programming undertaking CKAD Middleton, Nova Scotia, by decreasing the night-time transmitter power from 1,000 to 400 watts and by updating the existing coordinates of the transmitter site. All other technical parameters will remain unchanged. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- The licensee stated that the requested technical changes are required to address system failures, repairs, the ever-increasing costs of operating an AM radio station, and a steady decline in the station’s revenues.
- The Commission considers that the implementation of the technical changes will have a negligible impact on the population currently served by the station.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- The licensee must implement the technical changes by no later than 27 January 2022. To request an extension, the licensee must submit a written request to the Commission at least 60 days before that date, using the form available on the Commission’s website.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: