Telecom Order CRTC 2020-219
Ottawa, 9 July 2020
Northwestel Inc. – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Table of Tariff Applications Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Northwestel Inc. TN 1083
General Tariff – Amendment to Terrestrial Cable and Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) Internet Services
19 May 2020 1 June 2020
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications ActFootnote 2.
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumers interest by providing additional flexibility through the allowance of unlimited data usage to certain customers for an additional month in light of the current situation with COVID-19 and (ii) innovation by ensuring that consumers have access to high-quality telecommunications services as a result of the unlimited data usage allowance.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: