Telecom Order CRTC 2020-199
Ottawa, 19 June 2020
Bell Aliant, a division of Bell Canada – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Table of Tariff Applications Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Bell Aliant, a division of Bell Canada TN 543
General Tariff – Revised migration clause for legacy Centrex and other services
8 May 2020 25 May 2020
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that final approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications ActFootnote 2.
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests by providing additional flexibility to enable customers to migrate, at no charge or for a reduced fee, their services that are under the terms of a minimum contract period (MCP) to services that are also subject to the terms of an MCP; and (ii) innovation by ensuring that consumers will continue to have access to high-quality innovative telecommunications services as a result of higher speeds.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: