Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2020-198
Reference: Part 1 licence renewal application posted on 31 January 2020
Ottawa, 19 June 2020
TV Hamilton Limited
Public record for this application: 2019-1018-3
Cable 14 Hamilton – Licence renewal
- On 3 June 2019, the Commission issued Broadcasting Notice of Consultation 2019-192 (the call), which listed the television services and stations for which the licences needed to be renewed to continue their operations.
- In response to the call, TV Hamilton Limited filed an application to renew the broadcasting licence for its community programming network Cable 14 Hamilton, Ontario, which expires on 31 August 2020. The Commission did not receive any interventions in regard to this application.
- The Commission has the authority, pursuant to section 9 of the Broadcasting Act (the Act), to issue licences for such terms not exceeding seven years and subject to such conditions related to the circumstances of the licensee as it deems appropriate for the implementation of the broadcasting policy set out in section 3(1) of the Act.
- Pursuant to this authority, the Commission renews the broadcasting licence for the English-language community programming network Cable 14 Hamilton, Ontario, from 1 September 2020 to 31 August 2025.
- The licensee shall adhere to the standard conditions of licence, expectations and encouragements for community television set out in Appendix 2 to Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2016-224, as well as to the conditions set out in the broadcasting licence for the undertaking.
- Call for licence renewal applications,Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2019-192, 3 June 2019
- Policy framework for local and community television, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2016-224, 15 June 2016
- Various independent conventional and community-based television programming undertakings – Licence renewals, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-467, 30 August 2013
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: