Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2020-197
Reference: Part 1 licence renewal application posted on 3 February 2020
Ottawa, 19 June 2020
Câblevision du Nord de Québec inc.
Province of Quebec
Public record for this application: 2019-1010-0
Câblevision du Nord de Québec – Licence renewal
- On 3 June 2019, the Commission issued Broadcasting Notice of Consultation 2019-192 (the call), which listed the television services and stations for which the licences needed to be renewed to continue their operations.
- In response to the call, Câblevision du Nord de Québec inc. (CNQ) filed an application to renew the broadcasting licence for its on demand service, which expires on 31 August 2020. The Commission did not receive any interventions in regard to this application.
- The Commission has the authority, pursuant to section 9 of the Broadcasting Act (the Act), to issue licences for such terms not exceeding seven years and subject to such conditions related to the circumstances of the licensee as it deems appropriate for the implementation of the broadcasting policy set out in section 3(1) of the Act.
- Pursuant to this authority, the Commission renews the broadcasting licence for CNQ’s on-demand service from 1 September 2020 to 31 August 2025.
- The licensee shall adhere to the standard conditions of licence, expectations and encouragements for on-demand services set out in the appendix to Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2017-138, as well as to the conditions set out in the broadcasting licence for the undertaking.
- Call for licence renewal applications, Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2019-192, 3 June 2019
- Standard requirements for on-demand services, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2017-138, 10 May 2017
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: