Broadcasting Order CRTC 2020-195
Ottawa, 17 June 2020
Broadcasting Licence Fees – Part I
- The Broadcasting Licence Fee Regulations, 1997 (the Regulations) provide for the payment of a Part I licence fee by certain broadcasting undertakings. Section 9(1) of the Regulations sets out the components for the calculation of the regulatory costs.
- Pursuant to section 10 of the Regulations, the Commission announces in this public notice that the estimated total broadcasting regulatory costs of the Commission for the 2020-2021 fiscal year are $32.721 million.
- The annual adjustment amount (credit) referred to in section 8(2) of the Regulations for the 2018-2019 fiscal year is ($0.381) million.
- Taking into account the annual adjustment above, the net billing for the Part I licence fee for the 2020-2021 fiscal year is $32.340 million. This estimated net billing represents a slight decrease of 0.49% compared to the amount for the 2019-2020 fiscal year ($32.498 million).Footnote 1
- Exceptionally, Her Excellency the Governor General in Council, considering that it is in the public interest to do so, on the recommendation of the Minister of Canadian Heritage and the Treasury Board, pursuant to section 23(2.1) of the Financial Administration Act, remits the Part I licence fees paid or payable by all licensees under paragraph 3(a) of the Regulations, in respect of the fiscal year 2020–2021. For more information on this subject, please refer to Canada Gazette, Part 2, Volume 154, Number 12: Order to Remit Part I License Fees Paid or Payable by all Broadcasting Licensees.
- Date modified: