Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2020-176
Ottawa, 1 June 2020
Call for licence renewal applications
Submission of renewal applications for broadcasting licences for broadcasting distribution undertakings expiring 31 August 2021
- The Commission requests that the licensees listed in the appendix to this notice submit renewal applications for the broadcasting licences expiring 31 August 2021. The licensees must submit their renewal application forms and related documents to the Commission by no later than 31 August 2020.
- This call for applications is consistent with the procedures announced in New procedures for licence renewal applications, Broadcasting Information Bulletin CRTC 2015-116, 31 March 2015.
- The Commission will review the applications submitted and may request further information. The Commission will then issue another notice of consultation, at which time interested persons will be given the opportunity to comment on all aspects of the renewal applications.
- Licensees who do not wish to renew their licences beyond the 2021 expiry date must advise the Commission in writing by no later than 31 August 2020.
Procedure for filing
- The licensees must file their renewal applications electronically by completing the Broadcasting Cover Page and Application Form 123 using the secured service My CRTC Account (Sign-In Partner or GCKey).
- Licensees who have questions relating to the requested information and submission of the documents may contact a Commission specialist at 1-866-781-1911.
- Pursuant to section 32 of the Broadcasting Act, it is an offence for anyone to carry on a broadcasting undertaking without a licence unless otherwise exempt from the requirement to hold a licence. Failure to submit an application for renewal by the date set out in this notice may result in the expiry of the licence, after which the licensee would no longer be authorized to carry on a broadcasting undertaking.
Appendix to Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2020-176
Broadcasting distribution undertakings for which the broadcasting licences will expire 31 August 2021
Terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings
|2251723 Ontario Inc.||Airdrie, Calgary, Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Leduc, Lethbridge, Red Deer, Spruce Grove and their surrounding areas, Alberta
Winnipeg and its surrounding areas, Manitoba
Moose Jaw, North Battleford, Prince Albert, Regina, Saskatoon, Yorkton and their surrounding areas, Saskatchewan
|Abbotsford, Greater Vancouver, Kamloops, Kelowna, Nanaimo, Victoria and their surrounding areas, British Columbia|
|Fredericton, Moncton, Saint John and their surrounding areas, New Brunswick
Halifax and its surrounding areas, Nova Scotia
St. John’s and its surrounding areas, Newfoundland and Labrador
|Gatineau, Montréal, Québec, Sherbrooke, Trois-Rivières and their surrounding areas, Quebec|
|AEBC Internet Corp.||Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge, Red Deer, Medicine Hat, St. Albert, Fort McMurray, Airdrie, Spruce Grove, Fort Saskatchewan, Grande Prairie, Stony Plain, Leduc, Sylvan Lake, Chestermere, Strathmore, Beaumont and their surrounding areas, Alberta|
|Greater Victoria, Okanagan Valley, Kamloops, Nanaimo, Prince George, Courtenay, Duncan, Whistler, Powell River and their surrounding areas, British Columbia|
|Vancouver and Lower Mainland, British Columbia|
|Comwave Networks Inc.||Greater Toronto, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Windsor and their surrounding areas, Ontario|
|Gold Line Telemanagement Inc.||Hamilton/Niagara, Kitchener, London, Oshawa, Ottawa, Toronto and Windsor, Ontario|
- Date modified: