Telecom Order CRTC 2020-159
Ottawa, 21 May 2020
Bell Canada – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Bell Canada TN 7609
General Tariff – Amendment to migration clause for Digital Exchange Access (DEA) Service
11 March 2020 26 March 2020
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that final approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications ActFootnote 2.
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests by providing additional flexibility which allows customers to migrate their DEA Service that is under the terms of a minimum contract period (MCP) to other access services lines that are also subject to the terms of an MCP, and (ii) innovation by ensuring consumers have access to high-quality telecommunications services as a result of this new migration clause.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: