Telecom Order CRTC 2020-157
Ottawa, 20 May 2020
Northwestel Inc. – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Northwestel Inc. TN 1080
General Tariff – Amendment to Terrestrial Cable and DSL Internet Service
17 April 2020 1 May 2020
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that final approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications ActFootnote 2.
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumers interest by providing additional flexibility by allowing certain customers unlimited data usage allowance for an additional month in light of the current situation with COVID-19 and (ii) innovation by ensuring consumers have access to high-quality telecommunications services as a result of unlimited data.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: