Telecom Order CRTC 2020-156
Ottawa, 20 May 2020
Northwestel Inc. – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Northwestel Inc. TN 1079
Special Services Tariff – Revision to 500 Mbps and Beyond Enterprise Internet Service Special Assembly
16 April 2020 4 May 2020
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that final approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications ActFootnote 2.
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests by providing this customer with additional flexibility in its data speeds in light of the current situation with COVID-19 and (ii) innovation by ensuring that consumers will continue to have access to high-quality innovative telecommunications services as a result of the higher speeds.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: