Telecom Order CRTC 2020-148
Ottawa, 12 May 2020
Cooptel - Approval of tariff applications
- The Commission approves the following tariff applications:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Cooptel TN 86
General Tariff – Various local exchange services
10 October 2019
18 November 2019
12 May 2020
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the applications.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of these applications will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, approval of these applications will promote consumer interests and innovation, since it (i) will help ensure the implementation of a service that enables the filtering of nuisance calls while not inadvertently causing legitimate customer calls to be blocked and (ii) will ensure that consumers will continue to have access to high-quality telecommunications services as a result of this service revision.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: