Telecom Order CRTC 2020-143
Ottawa, 1 May 2020
Northwestel Inc. – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Northwestel Inc. TN 1072
Special Services Tariff – Special Assembly for the 2020 Artic Winter Games
14 February 2020 2 March 2020
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote consumer interests and innovative telecommunications services by (i) providing this customer with telecommunications services in support of the Arctic Winter Games and (ii) ensuring that this customer will have access to high-quality innovative telecommunications services.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: