Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2020-12
Ottawa, 23 January 2020
Shaw Cablesystems Limited
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Application 2019-1242-8, received 13 December 2019
Terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertaking serving Thunder Bay, Ontario – Revocation of licence
- Shaw Cablesystems Limited filed an application in which it confirmed its eligibility for exemption in accordance with the terms and conditions of the exemption order for terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings serving fewer than 20,000 subscribers (Broadcasting Order 2017-320), set out in the appendix to Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2017-319.
- Given the licensee’s request and pursuant to section 9(1)(e) of the Broadcasting Act, the Commission revokes the broadcasting licence issued to Shaw Cablesystems Limited for the undertaking serving Thunder Bay, Ontario, last renewed in Broadcasting Decision 2018-266.
- The operator of this undertaking must, at all times, comply with the criteria contained in Broadcasting Order 2017-320.
- Shaw – Licence renewal for various terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2018-266, 2 August 2018
- Revised exemption order for terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings serving fewer than 20,000 subscribers, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2017-319 and Broadcasting Order CRTC 2017-320, 31 August 2017
- Date modified: