ARCHIVED - Telecom Commission Letter addressed to Philippe Gauvin (Bell Canada)
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 14 June 2019
Our reference: 8640-B2-201900903
Mr. Philippe Gauvin
Assistant General Counsel
160 Elgin Street, 19th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K2P 2C4
RE: Forbearance for agreements related to international telecommunications services
The Commission received an application, dated 6 February 2019, from Bell Canada on behalf of DMTS, KMTS, Maskatel, NorthernTel, Northwestel, Ontera and Télébec (collectively, the Bell Affiliates). Bell Canada requested that the Commission make a determination to forbear from regulating agreements or arrangements the Bell Affiliates enter into with foreign telecommunications common carriers in the same manner the Commission has already done for Bell Canada and other major incumbent local exchange carriers (ILECs).
Paragraph 28(1) (a) of the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Rules of Practice and Procedure provides that the Commission may request parties to file information or documents where needed.
Bell Canada is requested to provide comprehensive answers, including rationale and any supporting information, to the attached questions by 19 June 2019.
Original signed by
c.c: Nilesh Joshi, CRTC, 819-962-4243, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathon Holmes, Independent Telecommunications Providers Association, email@example.com
Robert Olenick, Tbaytel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Request for information
- Provide a list of all agreements or arrangements that each of the Bell Affiliates have entered into since 22 December 1999
- Foreign telecommunications common carriers, and
- Canadian carriers, where the agreements or arrangements provide exclusively for the carriage of traffic into or out of Canada by one of the parties to the agreement.
- For each of the agreements or arrangements identified above (if any), provide the names of the subject parties, the date it was signed, the proposed effective date, and the date on which it was filed with the Commission for approval or the associated CRTC order number.
- If the Bell Affiliates have entered into agreements or arrangements that have not been filed with the Commission for approval,
- Indicate whether these agreements or arrangements are currently in force, and
- Provide a sample of each type of agreement or arrangement identified, depending upon its purpose and form.
- Date modified: