Telecom Commission Letter addressed to Esther Snow (Shaw Communications Inc.)
Ottawa, 18 February 2019
Our reference: 8740-S83-201900845
Ms. Esther Snow
Director, Regulatory Affairs
Shaw Communications Inc.
40 Elgin Street, Suite 1400
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5K6
Re: Tariff Notice 20 - CLEC Access Services Tariff - Tariff Notice 20, Adding Underlying Carrier when operating as a Type III CLEC
Dear Ms. Snow:
On 4 February 2019, the Commission received an application from Shaw Communications Inc. (Shaw) in which the company proposed revisions to its CLEC Access Services Tariff. In the application, Shaw requested approval to make changes to sections of its Tariff to reflect scenarios where Shaw operates as a Type III CLEC relying on the interconnection facilities of Distributel Inc. as the underlying carrier.
Paragraph 28(1) (a) of the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Rules of Practice and Procedure provides that the Commission may require parties to file information or documents where needed.
Shaw is requested to provide comprehensive answers, including rationale and any supporting information, to the attached questions by 25 February 2019.
Original signed by
Director, Dispute Resolution & Regulatory Implementation
c.c.: Wendy McClintock, CRTC, 819-639-6211, email@example.com
Requests for information
- Telecom Information Bulletin CRTC 2010-455-1, Approval processes for tariff applications and intercarrier agreements, sets out that applicants are to file both the existing and proposed new or revised tariff pages. Please file the existing tariff pages that the company proposes to revise in Tariff Notice No. 20, as well as the existing tariff pages for Items 501, 502 and 503.
- In Tariff Notice No. 20, Shaw is proposing changes to appropriate sections of its Tariff to reflect situations where Shaw operates as a Type III CLEC relying on the interconnection facilities of an underlying carrier.
- Please confirm the ILEC or SILEC serving areas in which the company is operating as a Type III CLEC, and the ILEC or SILEC serving areas in which the company is operating as a Type I CLEC.
- Please confirm when the company began operating as a Type III CLEC.
- Shaw proposes to add wording to Item 500 indicating that where Shaw is operating as a Type III CLEC, the interconnection services provided under Items 501, 502 and 503 will be carried out by Distributel Inc.’s Tariffs.
If the existing tariff pages for Items 501, 502 and 503 do not describe the services being offered (for example, if they merely state “Reserved for Future Use”), please file revised tariff pages that describe these services.
For any changes that may require revisions to proposed tariff pages, please send the revised pages under a "TN 20/A" filing.
- Date modified: