Telecom Procedural Letter addressed to Distribution list
Ottawa, 29 January 2019
Our reference: 8662-C182-201809534
RE: Canadian Networks Operators Consortium Inc. Part 1 Application to Review and Vary Review of wholesale wireline services, Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2015-326 and Follow-up to Telecom Regulatory Policy 2015-326 – Implementation of a disaggregated wholesale high-speed access service, including over fibre-to-the-premises access facilities, Telecom Decision CRTC 2016-379
By letter dated 7 November 2018, Canadian Network Operators Consortium Inc. (CNOC) filed a Part 1 Application (the Application) to Review and Vary Review of wholesale wireline services, Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2015-326 and Follow-up to Telecom Regulatory Policy 2015-326 – Implementation of a disaggregated wholesale high-speed access service, including over fibre-to-the-premises access facilities, Telecom Decision CRTC 2016-379.
In the Application, CNOC requested the following relief:
- Removal of the 100 Mbps speed cap on aggregated high-speed access (HSA) services on an expedited basis;
- Establishment of a significantly reduced level of disaggregation on the Bell Canada network, and possibly those of Cogeco Communications Inc. (Cogeco), Quebecor Media Inc. on behalf of its affiliate Videotron Ltd. (Videotron) and Rogers Communications Canada Inc. (Rogers), (collectively Incumbents)
- The addition of port and fibre strand sharing functionality for all Incumbent disaggregated HSA services; and
- Access to FTTP facilities over aggregated HSA services, whereby such access will be phased-out subject to a forbearance framework.
By letter dated 20 November 2018, Commission staff established timelines for addressing the Application in two stages. Stage 1 was to address the option of suspending the 100 Mbps speed cap on an interim basis and Stage 2 was to address the matter of removal of the speed cap, along with the other issues.
As the record has closed on 17 January 2019 for Stage 1 of the Application, Commission staff hereby informs all parties of the procedural dates for Stage 2 of the Application that are set out as follows:
- Parties are to file interventions by 29 March 2019 on the requested reliefs addressed in the Application.
- CNOC may file reply comments to address any intervention by 12 April 2019.
In addition to filing documents with the Commission, parties are asked to serve all other parties with any documents filed in this proceeding, and to send an electronic copy directly to the following Commissions staff:
Lyne Renaud, firstname.lastname@example.org
William Lloyd, email@example.com
Original signed by Abderrahman El Fatihi for
Lyne Renaud Director
Competitor Services and Costing Implementation
c. c.: William Lloyd, CRTC, (819) 997-4654, firstname.lastname@example.org
Liste de distribution
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; ; email@example.com;
firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; MaryAnne.Bendfeld@calgary.ca; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Derek.Leschinsky@bc-cb.gc.ca; Monique.Moreau@cfib.ca; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: