Telecom Procedural Letter Addressed to Stan Thompson (Northwestel Inc.)
Ottawa, 3 January 2019
Our reference: 8740-N1-201809667
Mr. Stan Thompson
Chief Financial Officer & Vice-President, Corporate Services
301 Lambert St., Box 2727 3rd Floor
Whitehorse, Yukon Territory Y1A4Y4
Re: Tariff Notice 1032 – Expansion of Mobile Fibre Backhaul Service
On 8 November 2018, the Commission received an application from Northwestel in which the company proposed changes to item 1125 – Mobile Fibre Backhaul service.
Paragraph 28(1) (a) of the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Rules of Practice and Procedure provides that the Commission may require parties to file information or documents where needed.
Northwestel is requested to provide comprehensive answers, including rationale and any supporting information, to the attached questions by 9 January 2019.
Original signed by Valerie Plaskacz for
Director, Dispute Resolution & Regulatory Implementation
c.c.: Joanne Baldassi, CRTC, 819-997-3498, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wendy Ellis, Bell Aliant, email@example.com
Requests for information
- In the cost study filed as an Attachment, in section 184.108.40.206 Northwestel indicates that all of the Outside Plant costs were mitigated by assuming that, on average, ##.
- Confirm where these ## are reflected in the proposed tariff pages.
- Explain if these ## are in addition to the one-time service charges for base connectivity and remote site access identified in the proposed tariff pages, and are additional charges to install special equipment or to incur an unusual expense to establish a service connection.
- Identify what criteria the company will apply in requiring these ##.
- Confirm if as a result of ##, outside plant costs were reduced in the monthly recurring remote access costs in Tab A-2 in the Attachment’s Appendix. If not, explain why not.
- In section 5. B. Rates and Charges: Band H1 Nunavut Exchanges of the proposed tariff pages, Northwestel identifies the one-time service charge for remote site access, per site as $1,955. In the Attachment, page 6 of 12, Northwestel identifies the one-time service charge for remote site access, per site, as ##. Identify which rate is the correct rate.
- In Tab A-2 in the Attachment’s Appendix, Capital causal to demand, Switching Equipment, explain with supporting rationale if the difference between switching costs under TN 1032 and TN 946 resulted from changes to costing methodology or assumptions. If not, explain with supporting rationale why there is a difference in switching costs.
# Submitted in confidence
- Date modified: