Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-76
Ottawa, 15 March 2019
Fifth Dimension Properties Inc.
Application 2018-0680-4, received 23 August 2018
Skinemax TV – Revocation of licence
- Fifth Dimension Properties Inc. (Fifth Dimension) has requested the revocation of its broadcasting licence for the national, English-language specialty Category B service Skinemax, originally granted in Broadcasting Decision 2012-559, in order to continue its operation as an exempt undertaking, pursuant to Broadcasting Order 2015-88.
- Given the licensee’s request and pursuant to section 9(1)(e) of the Broadcasting Act, the Commission revokes the broadcasting licence issued to Fifth Dimension Properties Inc. for the above-mentioned undertaking.
- The operator of this undertaking must, at all times, comply with the criteria set out in the appendix to Broadcasting Order 2015-88.
Non-compliance by the previously licensed service
- Fifth Dimension was late filing its program logs and annual returns throughout its licence term. Consequently, it was in apparent non-compliance with sections 8(1)(d) and 9(1) of the Discretionary Services Regulations relating to the filing of program logs and annual returns.
- Fifth Dimension did not file annual returns for the 2014-2015, 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 broadcast years with the Commission. The Commission directs Fifth Dimension to file the missing annual returns by 15 April 2019.
- Fifth Dimension filed the financial statements for the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 broadcast years after the 30 November deadline. It did not file financial statements for the 2016-2017 broadcast year. The Commission directs Fifth Dimension to file the missing financial statements by 15 April 2019.
- Exemption order respecting discretionary television programming undertakings serving fewer than 200,000 subscribers, Broadcasting Order CRTC 2015-88, 12 March 2015
- Skinemax TV – Specialty Category B service, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-559, 12 October 2012
- Date modified: