Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-47
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 5 December 2018
Ottawa, 15 February 2019
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Rouyn-Noranda and Matagami, Quebec
Public record for this application: 2018-1060-7
CHLM-FM Rouyn-Noranda – New transmitter at Matagami
- The Commission approves an application by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) to amend the broadcasting licence for the French-language radio programming undertaking CHLM-FM Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec, to operate a transmitter at Matagami to rebroadcast the programming of its national French-language network service ICI Radio-Canada Première. The new transmitter will replace the low-power AM transmitter CBF-4 Matagami. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- The new transmitter will operate at 97.7 MHz (channel 294A1) with an effective radiated power of 130 watts (non-directional antenna with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 9.47 metres).
- The CBC indicated that the addition of this transmitter aims to improve the quality of the signal for listeners in the Matagami area.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- The transmitter must be in operation by no later than 15 February 2021. To request an extension, the licensee must submit a written request to the Commission at least 60 days before that date, using the form available on the Commission’s website.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: