Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-425
Ottawa, 19 December 2019
Fairchild Television Ltd.
Application 2019-1177-7, received 22 November 2019
Fairchild Television – Revocation of licence
- Fairchild Television Ltd. has requested the revocation of its broadcasting licence for the ethnic, third-language specialty Category A service Fairchild TV, renewed in Broadcasting Decision 2013-468, in order to continue its operation as an exempt undertaking, pursuant to Broadcasting Order 2015-88.
- Given the licensee’s request and pursuant to section 9(1)(e) of the Broadcasting Act, the Commission revokes the broadcasting licence issued to Fairchild Television Ltd. for the above-mentioned undertaking.
- The operator of this undertaking must, at all times, comply with the criteria set out in the appendix to Broadcasting Order 2015-88.
- Exemption order respecting discretionary television programming undertakings serving fewer than 200,000 subscribers, Broadcasting Order CRTC 2015-88, 12 March 2015
- Various independent pay and specialty Category A services – Licence renewals, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-468, 30 August 2013
- Date modified: