Broadcasting Information Bulletin CRTC 2019-322
Ottawa, 13 September 2019
Guidelines for all licensees of broadcasting undertakings serving Canada – Federal general election
- On 11 September 2019, a federal general election in Canada was announced. The election will take place on 21 October 2019.
- In accordance with section 347 of the Canada Elections Act, notice is hereby given to all licensees of broadcasting undertakings serving Canada to familiarize themselves with the Commission’s Guidelines for TV and radio broadcasters and TV service providers during an election (Guidelines).
- Station managers are requested to distribute these guidelines to news departments, program departments, sales departments, traffic departments and any other affected personnel.
- Extra copies of the Guidelines are available from the Commission upon request.
- These Guidelines should be considered in conjunction with the Canada Elections Act and the guidelines issued by the Broadcasting Arbitrator in accordance with section 346 of the Canada Elections Act. These guidelines can be found on the Elections Canada website at www.elections.ca.
- Any questions pertaining to the Broadcasting Act and regulations thereunder regarding broadcasts of a partisan political character should be addressed to the Commission by letter, fax, telephone confirmed by letter or fax, or directly online at www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/contact.
Yael Wexler: 819-353-2404
Ricardo Wicker: 819-639-4716
- Any questions pertaining to the Canada Elections Act should be referred to:
257 Slater Street
Toll free Canada and USA: 1-800-463-6868
Toll free Mexico: 001-800-514-6868
Peter S. Grant
The Broadcasting Arbitrator
Toronto-Dominion Bank Tower
- Date modified: