Broadcasting Information Bulletin CRTC 2019-315
Ottawa, 5 September 2019
Notification of the Broadcasting Arbitrator
- On 30 August 2019, the Broadcasting Arbitrator notified the Commission of a request from a new eligible party, the Canadian Nationalist Party, for broadcasting time to be made available to it.
- Pursuant to section 339(1) of the Canada Elections Act (the Act), the Canadian Nationalist Party is now entitled to purchase six minutes of paid broadcasting time during prime time in the period beginning with the issuance of the writs for a general election and ending at midnight on the day prior to polling day.
- Pursuant to section 342(1) of the Act, the Commission is required to notify broadcasters and network operators of every such entitlement.
- The list of eligible political parties is available on the Elections Canada website.
- Any inquiry relating to decisions, orders and/or notifications of the Broadcasting Arbitrator should be referred to the following:
Peter S. Grant
The Broadcasting Arbitrator
Toronto-Dominion Bank Tower
- Date modified: