Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-314
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 22 May 2019
Ottawa, 4 September 2019
Harvest Ministries Sudbury
Sudbury and Kapuskasing, Ontario
Public record for this application: 2019-0359-2
CJTK-FM Sudbury – New transmitter in Kapuskasing
- The Commission approves the application by Harvest Ministries Sudbury to amend the broadcasting licence for the English-language commercial specialty (Christian music) radio programming undertaking CJTK-FM Sudbury, Ontario, to add an FM rebroadcasting transmitter (CJTK-FM-12) in Kapuskasing. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- The new transmitter will operate at 88.5 MHz (channel 203A) with an effective radiated power of 510 watts (non-directional antenna with an effective height of the antenna above average terrain of 24.9 metres).
- The licensee stated that CJTK-FM provides more news and information to Northern Ontario than most other stations, and that residents of the Kapuskasing area have been requesting the service for several years.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- The transmitter must be in operation by no later than 4 September 2021. To request an extension, the licensee must submit a written request to the Commission at least 60 days before that date, using the form available on the Commission’s website.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: