Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-298
Ottawa, 21 August 2019
Gatineau, Montréal, Québec and Sherbrooke and their surrounding areas, Quebec, and Toronto, Hamilton/Niagara, Oshawa, Kitchener, Ottawa, London and Windsor and their surrounding areas, Ontario
Applications 2019-0572-0 and 2019-0576-2, received 23 July 2019
Terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings serving various locations in the province of Ontario and Quebec – Revocation of licences
- The Commission received applications by Zazeen Inc. in which the licensee has confirmed its eligibility for exemption in accordance with the terms and conditions of the exemption order for terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings serving fewer than 20,000 subscribers (Broadcasting Order 2017-320), set out in the appendix to Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2017-319.
- Given the licensee’s requests and pursuant to section 9(1)(e) of the Broadcasting Act, the Commission revokes the regional broadcasting licences issued to Zazeen Inc. for the undertakings serving the above-mentioned locations in Ontario and Quebec.
- The operator of this undertaking must, at all times, comply with the criteria contained in Broadcasting Order 2017-320.
- Revised exemption order for terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings serving fewer than 20,000 subscribers, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2017-319 and Broadcasting Order CRTC 2017-320, 31 August 2017
- Terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings to serve various communities in Quebec, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-539, 5 October 2012
- Terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings to serve various communities in Ontario, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-540, 5 October 2012
- Date modified: