Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-28
Ottawa, 30 January 2019
Fairchild Television Ltd.
Application 2018-0806-5, received 20 September 2018
Fairchild Television II – Revocation of licence
- Fairchild Television Ltd. has requested the revocation of its broadcasting licence for the national, general interest third-language ethnic specialty Category B service Fairchild Television II, originally granted in Broadcasting Decision 2013-87, in order to continue its operation as an exempt undertaking pursuant to Broadcasting Order 2015-88.
- Given the licensee’s request and pursuant to section 9(1)(e) of the Broadcasting Act, the Commission revokes the broadcasting licence issued to Fairchild Television Ltd. for the above-mentioned undertaking.
- The operator of this undertaking must comply at all times with the criteria set out in the appendix to Broadcasting Order 2015-88.
- Exemption order respecting discretionary television programming undertakings serving fewer than 200,000 subscribers, Broadcasting Order CRTC 2015-88, 12 March 2015
- Fairchild Television II – Specialty Category B service, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-87, 22 February 2013
- Date modified: