Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-273
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 28 May 2019
Ottawa, 31 July 2019
Native Communication Inc.
Thompson and Dauphin, Manitoba
Public record for this application: 2019-0398-0
CINC-FM Thompson – New transmitter in Dauphin
- The Commission approves the application by Native Communication Inc. to amend the broadcasting licence for the radio programming undertaking CINC-FM Thompson, Manitoba in order to operate a rebroadcasting transmitter in Dauphin. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
- The new transmitter will operate at 97.3 MHz (channel 247A) with an effective radiated power of 1,650 watts (non-directional antenna with an effective height of the antenna above average terrain of 25.1 metres).
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that broadcasting certificates will be issued.
- The transmitter must be in operation by no later than 31 July 2021. To request an extension, the licensee must submit a written request to the Commission at least 60 days before that date, using the form available on the Commission’s website.
- The licensee appears to be in non-compliance with section 9(2) of the Radio Regulations, 1986 relating to the filing of complete annual returns. Specifically, the financial statements were not submitted for the 2015-2016, 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 broadcast years. The Commission notes that Native Communication Inc. has since submitted the missing financial statements and that the instances of apparent non-compliance will be dealt with as part of the station’s next licence renewal.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: